1. Save time by saving your text
Did you know that you can actually save text that you use often to avoid repeated typing? This is a neat time saver that’s so easy to set up.
All you have to do is:
- Highlight the text in your email composer window.
- Click on the Insert tab
- Click on the Quick Parts dropdown
- Select Save selection to the Quick Parts gallery
And ta-da! Now, any time you want to use that text, you can just click on the pop up suggestion, and select it to insert it!
2. Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Excel Co-authoring
Tired of sending document attachments via email to coworkers? Office 365 is perfect for team collaboration. In Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and/or OneNote, multiple users can edit a document at the same time. Not only that, but when changes are made to a document, you can see who has made those edits!
3. Skype with coworkers while you’re working on a document
Want to chat with coworkers while collaborating on a document? Now, you can! All you need to make it happen is Office 365 with the Skype for Business desktop client, OneDrive for Business, and the Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint or other Office file that you want to edit.
Here’s how to collaborate on the document over Skype:
- Log into your Skype for Business account
- Start an IM or group chat
- Click on the icon
- Select Co-author Office Doc
- Click Ok to acknowledge the message to grant access to others
- Select the file you want to edit
- The file will open in your meeting window where everybody can begin editing
4. Turn notes into calendar items
One of the coolest features of OneNote is how well it syncs with Outlook. You can create notes in OneNote, and then convert those notes into tasks with deadlines and reminders on your calendar!
- Create note in OneNote
- Right click on the item that you wish to convert into a task
- Click on the icon
- From there, you can flag the deadline date and/or open the task in Outlook
- That’s it!
5. Schedule your emails
Answering emails late at night, but don’t want to send them until the next morning? No problem! Outlook has a feature that allows you to schedule email delivery for a future time/date.
- Type out your email
- Click on the Options tab
- Select Delay Delivery
This will open up a dialogue box with a do not deliver before option that you can change. Your message will be held until the specified time and then delivered to the recipient. How cool is that?
6. Transform your data into a 3D map
The latest version of Excel has a feature called the Power Map. The Power Map takes your data, and converts into a 3D map. You have the ability to display your data in stacked columns, clustered columns, bubble, heat map, or region!
Want to learn more about making the switch to Office 365? We can help! Book a phone call with us now!